To download and install your new AVG AntiVirus or Internet Security, please follow the instructions below. These also apply to transferring your AVG license to a new computer.
Note: If you already have the program installed on your computer and you simply need to activate or reactivate your product, please skip to the Activate AVG instructions below.
Prior to following the steps below, please ensure that your computer meets the minimum technical specifications for installing AVG AntiVirus.
| For Windows
| For Mobile
How To Download and Install AVG
- You can download AVG products from here.
- Run the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- When prompted, enter your AVG license number. The license number is sent automatically to your e-mail once purchased.
- Complete the installation and restart your computer.
Tip: If you need to retrieve the license number for your AVG product, visit http://www.avg.com/lost, and fill in the form. Your license information will be sent to your email.
If you already have the product installed on your computer and you only need to activate or reactivate your AVG, please follow the steps below:
To Repair Your AVG antivirus?
- Open AVG (double-click the AVG icon on your Desktop, or the AVG icon in the notification area in the bottom-right corner of your computer screen).
- In the AVG window click Options, and then click Activate or Reactivate.
In case you do not see the menu Options, you may have opened the AVG Zenwindow. In such case click the Protection tile first to open the main AVG user interface.
- Insert the License Number that you received in an email after purchasing AVG into the New license number field, and then click Activate.
- Your AVG will now be activated with a new license number. You can verify this by clicking Support in the top menu. Your license number and validity will be shown, along with other product information.